BC Spot Prawn with Nuoc Cham Dipping Sauce (Chili Vinaigrette)
Author: Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts
- ½ lb Dried Soba Noodles
- 1 lb BC Spot Prawns (peeled tails only)
- 1 Carrot (peeled & sliced matchstick thin – mandolin works great)
- 2 bunches Bok Choy (cleaned & sliced lengthwise)
- 6 Spring onions (thinly sliced)
- ½ Cucumber (peeled & matchsticks thin)
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp Tamari soy sauce
- ½ tsp Sugar
- ¼ bunch Cilantro (roughly chopped)
- Optional: Togarashi seasoning to taste
- In medium pot bring water to boil. Add soba noodles (usually 5-8 min refer to package). Last 1 or 2 min of cooking add carrots then bok choy. Once cooked strain into a colander and rinse with cold water. Put aside strained noodles, carrots & bok choy in medium bowl. Add spring onions & cucumbers.
- Place BC Spot Prawns in colander and pour over boiling hot water. Leave for 30 – 60 seconds then rinse with cold water.
- Whisk together sesame oil, sugar, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce & togarashi spice (if using). Gently toss in cool Spot Prawns.
- To noodles, carrots, bok choy, green onions & cucumber gently pour over vinegar mixture and BC Spot Prawns. Gently toss together. Sprinkle with cilantro, togarashi (if using) & serve.
Courtesy of: Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts www.picachef.com | @picachef