Sauteed Garlic Prawns
Author: Lee Humphries, chef de cuisine of C restaurant
- 24 prawns, live and whole
- 8 ounces (244 grams) of butter, unsalted
- 4 jalapenos, sliced, seeds removed
- 8 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly
- 12 tbsp (180 mL) of chopped parsley
- 12 tbsp (180 mL) of sliced preserved lemon
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 8 ounces (240 mL) of Backyard Vineyards Riesling (Neck of the Woods Winery)
- Microgreens, to garnish
- 4 tsp (20 mL) of olive oil
- In a hot sauté pan, add a little olive oil. Add prawns and butter. Sauté quickly. Add remaining ingredients and deglaze with white wine. Season to taste. Plate and garnish with microgreens.
- Twist, peel and enjoy.